ICS and AREA, Asia’s leading large scale and regional CSR programs, organized by Enterprise Asia, concluded its successful event last Friday in Bangkok. The event saw over 300 CSR thought leaders, doers and practitioners from across Asia attended the International CSR Summit (ICS) during the day, and in the evening, a total of 57 winners were presented with the Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards (AREA) who have excelled in their efforts in executing sound and effective CSR programs. The CSR events were held 2 June 2017 in Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel.
International CSR Summit (ICS), themed “Sustainability Beyond Borders”, offered high-level networking for the CSR community, delivering a platform that fosters interconnecting partnerships and urges global sustainability collaborations – a call to move beyond their borders. The summit reflected on the growing importance of partnerships and alliances in business, CSR is no longer a SILO initiative that is only the responsibility of the CSR team. Global collaboration and multi-sector alliances will open new opportunities for corporations to create greater competitive advantage.
Dr. Wijarn Simachaya, Permanent Secretary from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment Thailand, did the honours of officiating the ICS 2017, and the welcome address was delivered by Tan Sri Dr Fong Chan Onn, Chairman of Enterprise Asia, former Minister of Human Resources and Chairman of Sustainable Energy Development Authority Malaysia.
The summit featured a full suite of high level speakers from CSR-oriented organizations that are well known in their fields of expertise. Dr. Supachai Panitchpakdi, former Secretary General UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) was one of the keynote speakers for the summit. The rest of the spekers’ line up are:
- Rapee Sucharitkul, Secretary-General, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Yodphot Wongrukmit, Senior Exec. Vice President of Corporate Management and Sustainability Development of The Bangchak Corporation Public Co. Ltd
- Dr Eugene Chien, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and former Minister of Environment of Taiwan
- Dr Naoki Adachi, Executive Director of Japan Business Initiative for Diversity
- Dr Niven Huang of KPMG Sustainability Consulting, Taiwan
- Rob Coombs, President and CEO, Interface Asia Pacific
- Graham Ross, CEO and Founder from Kusaga Athletic, Australia
- Tracy Nilsson, Senior Director of Social Environmental Affairs, Adidas Group
ICS – Dr. Supachai Panitchpakdi
The Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards (AREA) honour Asian businesses for championing sustainable and responsible business practices, demonstrating companies’ leadership, sincerity and on-going commitment in incorporating responsible and ethical values, compliance, investment in stakeholders, involvement in communities and protection of the environment into the way they run their businesses.
Dato’ William Ng, president of Enterprise Asia said, “The quality of this year’s submission is outstanding. It was a truly monumental task to decide on the best, as every submission was of very high quality – demonstrating the expertise and capability of the region’s CSR practitioners. This is a far cry from when we first started giving out the awards in the year 2009. Much thought has been given to impact and measurability, as a result of increased reporting requirements. The awards are presented in six categories:
- Social Empowerment
2. Investment in People
3. Health Promotion
4. Green Leadership
5. SME CSR
6. Responsible Business Leadership.
ASIA RESPONSIBLE ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARDS 2017 WINNERS LIST
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS LEADERSHIP
- Mr Lee Chang-Ken, President of Cathay Financial Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Advanced Micro Device (AMD), Inc. – 25×20 Energy Efficiency Initiative
- Better World Green Public Company Limited – Industrial Waste To Green Energy
- Cathay Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Green Finance Promoting Project
- CTBC Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Green Management on Sustainable Environment
- Haycarb PLC – Haritha Angara
- Hettigoda Industries Pvt. Ltd., – Herbal Garden Program In School
- Malaysian Mosaics Sdn Bhd – Innovating Sustainable Water Management in Tile Manufacturing.
- Phinma Energy Corporation – HELP Earth Environment
- Prosperous Capital and Credit Limited – Haritha Lowak (Green World)
- Siloso Beach Resort – Siloso Beach Resort
- Thanh Thanh Cong Group Corporation – Green & Win-Win
- Apex Circuit (Thailand) Co., Ltd – Spread Love Via Blood
- BDO Foundation Inc. – Improving the Delivery of Healthcare Services in the Philippines.
- PT Combiphar – COMBI HOPE Healthy Living Education
- CTBC Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Power Walking Tour for Three Generations of Your Family.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited – Glenmark Foundation’s flagship Child Health Project – Project Kavach.
- FrieslandCampina (Hong Kong) Limited – World Milk Day 2016
- PT Japfa Comfeed Indonesia Tbk – JAPFA4KIDS
- Pacific SOGO Department Stores, Co., Ltd. – SOGO’s “Food and Beverage Safety Network” : Ensuring Consumer’s Food Safety.
- Sanyei Corporation, – Supporting JMSS Activity
- Taiwan Star Telecom Co., Ltd – Roll Your Eyes
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd – Sanitation: A Behavioural Change Demonstration (ABCD)
- PT Bhimasena Power Indonesia – Community Empowerment through Social Mitigation Program
- Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd. – 100 Singha Sufficient School
- British American Tobacco Bangladesh Company Limited – IPM (Integrated Pest Management) Club
- China Mengniu Dairy Co., Ltd. – University of Ranchers CSR Project
- CJ CGV Vietnam Co., Ltd – Movie for Everyone
- CTBC Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Taiwan Dream Project – The Project That Provides Educational and Nutritional Services for Children in Remote Communities.
- Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company Of Vietnam, Ltd – Million Bricks For A Happy Life
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd. – Caring for the Elderly with Dementia
- FrieslandCampina (Hong Kong) Limited – New Generation Milk Tea Master Training Program 2016
- FWD Life Insurance Public Company Limited – FWD in Partnership with PWD
- Holcim Philippnes Inc. – Foster a Child’s Education
- Kanrich Finance Limited – Kanrich Thaksalawa
- Novaland Investment Group Corporation – Linking Hearts
- Pacific SOGO Department Stores, Co., Ltd. – SOGO Children’s Charity Events: Bridging the Gap of our M-Shaped Society.
- PT Pembangkitan Jawa Bali – PJB Community Academy (Akademi Komunitas PJB)
- Phinma Energy Corporation – PUNLA Kabuhayan
- Puritas Pvt. Ltd. – “Going Beyond” Empowering Rural Communities
- S&P Syndicate Public Company Limited – Kitchen for Kids
- Sarawak Energy Berhad – Sarawak Energy’s CSR Journey for the Penan Community in Murum
- Selangor Dredging Berhad – One-Two-Wash – A CSR Initiative by Selangor Dredging Berhad
- Sinyi Realty Inc. – Corporate Ethics Built on Social Trust
- Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited – Doing Good, Stop Bullying
INVESTMENT IN PEOPLE
- AirAsia Berhad – AirAsia Allstars
- AP (Thailand) Public Company Limited – The Unusual Football Field
- ARC Refreshments Corporation – ARC Young Leaders Camp
- Dipped Products PLC – FirstLight
- IRPC Public Company Limited – IRPC Cubic Academy
- MGM China Holdings Limited – Unleashing Greatness – Employee Development and Employee Work-Life Balance.
- Novaland Investment Group Corporation – Nova Leadership Centre (“NLC”)
- Plaza Premium Group – Plaza Premium Group CSR Education Programme in Collaboration with The New York Times
- Takahata Precision India Pvt Ltd – “WOW” – Worthy & Outshining Women (Upliftment of Females in Indian Society with Sustainable Future)
- Thai Life Insurance Public Company Limited – Yes Club (Young Excellent Society)
- Thai Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. – Samsung Smart Learning Center
- Platinum Group Public Company Limited – The Platinum Empowering SME’s
Winners for AREA